Guide Engineering offers a wide range of career opportunities. We offer competitive wage and benefit packages including vacation and holiday pay, medical, dental, disability, and life insurance policies. We also offer flexible spending accounts and a 401(k) plan.
The candidate must have at least 5-year experience in the procurement of industrial components from commodity items to custom fabricated components.
The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of machining processes and be able to review and understand CAD drawings and the processes involved from start to finish including post process finishes.
As a Buyer of custom fabrications and commodity goods, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process from launch of the project through completion.
- Develop and realize a cost savings strategy.
- Work with the team to see continual improvement in our procurement process.
- Work with the PM and Manufacturing to designate how and who materials are to be process through and deadlines on receipt of materials.
- Oversee timing on the purchasing of commodity goods for the project working with PM.
- Assure materials are received per the scheduled timeline.
- Communicate on shortages and work with the team on alternate options if timing is compromised.
- Continual development of the supply chain including out of country suppliers that can deliver high quality components.
- Understanding of the commercial aspect of a project.
- Work with all team members and management to achieve deliverable objectives.
- Develop a method of tracking internal inventory
- Responsible for over sight of materials to be returned
- Responsible for any warranty item that did not meet expectations or failed
- Work with our administrative personnel to assure purchase orders are processed based upon priority and within the given time frame.