A Machine Builder’s primary duty is to assemble custom designed equipment. Senior-level experience in hands-on machine building is a preferred. Typically travel of 30% is required. However, this is dependent on the project and will vary based upon customer needs.
- Responsible for the proper assembly of machines and tooling.
- Build and troubleshoot automated assembly machines, sub-assemblies, and electrical components from engineering drawings and specifications.
- Solve specific machine building problems (such as spindle alignment or interference issues).
- Participate in the planning and design of machinery prior to its assembly.
- Work with a machine until all customer and internal issues have been resolved
- Vocational training, specialized education, or an associate degree is preferred
FIELD EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience building precision machine tools and or automatic assembly line machines.
- Strong math skills and the ability to interpret mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with basic machine tools (lathes, mills, etc).
- Proven mechanical aptitude, and strong technical and hands-on debug skill.
- Strong communication skills with the customer and Guide management